Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Daddy-hood

Interesting dream last night..... I became a father.
I was in this room, with four new-born babies. Two boys and two girls. The first boy and girl were introduced to their fathers, then we came to the other two. I think deep deep down I was hoping for the boy as I wasn't sure which of them was mine, but once I was told that the girl was mine, any thoughts of disappointment or anything flew out the window. Here was this beautiful baby girl, just a day old yet way way bigger than any of the other babies! I was wondering how in the hell somebody my size made a baby already so big! Of course the mother was nowhere in sight no way to know. Anyway, that was just a short lived thought as I marvelled at this new bundle of life, lying there looking peaceful and content.
A few hours later, I was cleaning some food off from under her chin when she said, "You're not cleaning that well." I was flabbergasted!! I looked at the other parents in the room to see if they heard anything and they were all staring at me, open mouthed and wide eyed! I guess I wasn't imagining what I thought I was imagining. Immediately I start getting super duper excited, thinking of the marvel I had here! Just think, a one day old baby talking! Of course it was just a few words but holy crap!!
End of story... sorry. Normally a short dream like this fades away quickly but for some reason this one stuck. Interesting.....

No comments: