Friday, October 16, 2009

Visions of the Paranormal

I woke up at 4am this morning, sweating profusely, and reaching for the flashlight under my pillow. My first reaction after opening my eyes was that there was something somewhere in the room with me! And, I wanted to get a good look at it before it got me. I don't know why, but the dream I had was profoundly scary, by far one of the most disturbing ones I've had in the longest while. However, I'll let you be the judge of that. Here goes...

I'm at home, here in Sri Vilas, and the day is going by normally. When I say normally, however, I intend to imply that the routines of the individuals present carry on as they always have - crossing paths as infrequently as possible, while maintaining their own pace, much as they always have. In between all this regular, day-to-day living that's going on, I happen to notice a little girl standing around, crying. I can't recognize her, but she's most upset. Even when she stops crying, the frown on her face indicates that she's not in the least bit amused. She doesn't seem to pay much attention to the goings-on around her, and nobody else seems to notice that she's there. So, I decide to do something about it.

I ask my uncle, as he's going up the stairs, if he sees the little girl. He says no! I point to an area right near him, less than a foot away, where I can see her crying, and ask again with a little more exasperation. But he still doesn't see her! Shocked, and kind of spooked, I decide to ask my mother and my grandmother the same thing. But, I get the same response. No one can see her, except me, and I'm obviously supposed to do something about it but I can't figure out what that might be.

Just as I am on the verge of the now famous "I see dead people" revelation, I notice something even more bizarre. The little girl has disappeared, and in her place is a little, wailing kitten! WHAT? Yet, strange-as-all-hell as this may seem, I decide to ask the people at home if they see the little, lost-and-forlorn feline, guessing that they'll probably say yes...judging by how many cats we have around the house (in reality). But no! They don't see or hear anything. And that's when I finally lose it and freak out!

I couldn't get back to bed for another couple of hours, and all the while, for most of today in fact, I've been trying to figure out what this means. Mind-boggled, tired, and a little creeped-out, I'm going to give this a rest and see what my subconscious can throw together for me another day. Well, at least I'm going to try and give it a rest...

No comments: