Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Prison Break....

Any of you seen Prison Break yet?? Wicked wicked show. I would highly recommend it.
Now to business... sorry but this dream should have been longer than it was. I think lights going off in the middle of the night and waking me up sort of screwed the whole thing but it was still very cool...whatever I can remember anyway. I find myself in prison, yes prison and please don't ask or debate what I went to prison for coz I don't know and don't wanna know.
As is the case with dreams, this was no ordinary prison. This prison was miles and miles high in the sky. I mean you look out the window and see clouds, not above you but below! Picture a small room with stone blocks and rough concrete walls and one tall window with bars looking out at nothing but sky. The view of course was magnificent but hard to enjoy it given the circumstances.
Some other stuff happens that I cannot remember so lets just go to the topic of escape ok? Okey dokey! I'm in the room with two guards it seems, who are just chilling out coz let's face it, where can I go right? They don't even move a muscle when I find myself unscrewing the screws on the barred window with a screwdriver that happens to appear in my hand. Yep, the window is screwed in.
I decide to unscrew the top part of the window and let it fall outwards but not fall off completely because of the bottom screws still in place. I pop my head out and look left, look right, then look down. I usually love heights but you can forgive my queasiness as my eyes nearly pop out of their sockets as I survey the scene around and below me. I see no windows to the left and right of me, which is fine. It's the sheer drop below with no foothold or anything going down down down right through the clouds to whatever lies beneath. For all I know it's a nice bed of cotton waiting to cushion my fall but I ain't that stupid, even in my dream.
I sadly decide pull the bars back up and screw it back in before the warden passes by and decides to throw me out for my impudence.

There endeth the story.... with me forever stuck in my prison with a view.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

At least it's got a view dammit! But the imagery of the dream is mighty interesting...like being isolated and attempting to make a move, yet people all around you daring you to go ahead, almost as if they're sure you won't take that final step. Don't let them do that to you man!