Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I miss boarding school.....

Ok this one was a bit jumbled but the gist was simple. I am back in boarding school and we are in the process of being invaded! Yep, fuckin soldiers invading a boarding school in the mountains of Nainital. Only in your dreams can this shit happen. Now lemme just give you a little picture of my school. This reminds me of another dream I had over a decade ago about this same boarding school. The students in my class were involved in a full on war but that is another story.
Ok, so my school is in Naini tal, in Uttar Pradesh. First I take a nice long flight from Accra to Bombay for a few days, then an hour and a half flight (or 24 hour train) to Delhi. From there we gots to take an 8 hour bus ride to Nainital. About 6.5 hours to the base of the Himalayas and another hour and half up the mountain. It definitely is one hell of a journey but not such a big deal really. The school itself is about an hours walk up from the town of Nainital and it's surrounded by forest so we do get panther attacks now and then on teachers pets. Hell students have been slapped by monkeys on occasion so you can imagine the closeness to nature. Beautiful place though.
Ok, back to the dream... actually there's not much to tell really... hence the sidetrack. There is basically chaos in the school as students (kids from 11-16) are running helter skelter screaming away while soldiers are just gunning down anyone in sight. We get separated in the melee and I find myself amongst some chicks hiding in a classroom which wouldn't be such a bad thing if we weren't crapping in our pants! So I disengage from their softness and go in search of my buddies. I find these jokers sitting in a class room in the corner with no way out. Their reply to my obvious question is "Hell, if they come here, we'll just hide under the desk". Now even though it sounded stupid as hell at the time, I ended up taking a seat and chilling with them while the guns were blazing outside.
That's all folks... sorry for the apparent lack of direction of this dream but it's the best I got at the moment.
Peace....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amit, bro...that's intense man! I mean, I have had similar dreams too! It's crazy, but there have been similar notions of my boarding school being invaded by some terrorist organization, and till 'G.I.Joe' gets there the students have to make do with whatever they have and try and fight off the 'villains'. Damn! I think there are even movies about this.

The outcome, however anitclimactic it was, was a good one though.

G.I. Amit in da house!!! Or was that Action Man?

AmitD said...

Hey dude, good to see you again. No action from me this time dawg. Just a hell of a lot of running!