Monday, June 13, 2005

Another musing...

Hey, here's another crazy one that I used to have on and off. Actually, the wierd thing was that I had it quite often, and quite close together before I had the 'series of seizures'. Another cranial crack...like I really needed one...he he he. But anyway, getting back to the dream...it was really wierd. I say this because when I had them my eyes were open. I was pretty conscious of what was happening and I know I was looking around and stuff. Here's how they usually happened... I'd half open my eyes because I was slowly waking up...usually in the middle of the night or at around 3am...and then I'd suddenly feel very scared...terrified, like there was someone standing right next to me and looking down at me with the intention of hurting me. The terror used to grip my entire body...so much so that even when I tried to utter a squeak or scream I was unable to. My entire body wracked by some kind of paralysis, I wouldn't be able to move a limb...not even to try and free the hand that was choking me. And then, after about a couple of minutes the hand would let go...and the body would relax. Still being awake, I'd get up immediately and either get up to get a glass of water, or turn around and cover my head...like I was 4 years old and thought that the monsters under my bed would get me. Crazy stuff, because I know that my eyes were open and although there wasn't anyone there choking me physically, the feeling of being choked was too intense and realistic. The worst part about it was feeling helpless...like you were going to die and couldn't even call out to anyone to help...or at least to come look. I used to wonder if they were some sort of 'mini' seizures...kind of like a precursor to the main event. But, they haven't happened since...well, not in the last couple of years anyway.


On that note, let me tell you a story that one of my dad's friend's talked about...:

Two of my dad's friends went to another friend's house. Unfortunately, it started raining and never let up, so they were forced to spend the night there. So, they slept in the friend's house, on the double bed in his guest bedroom. Sometime during the middle of the night, one of the friends (let's call him friend number 1), who hadn't been getting much sleep and who was tossing and turning noticed that the other friend was muttering something. This 'other' friend (or friend number 2) used to be an athlete and was pretty solidly built. All of a sudden, friend number 2 turned around, in his sleep, placed one muscular palm on friend number 1's throat and began to sqeeuze...hard! He he he...imagine what it must've been like for poor friend number 1...he couldn't shout for help, and sure as hell couldn't try and wrestle himself out of the 'death grip' of friend number 2. Struggling for dear life, and his life flashing before his eyes, friend number 1 got ready to say his last prayer...when as suddenly as he had grabbed his neck, friend number 2 let go, muttered something else, turned around and started snoring. After the near death experience, friend number 1 promptly grabbed his pillow and picked a spot on the floor for the rest of the night.

3 comments:

AmitD said...

Rohin that is some wild shit you are going through my friend. You need a hug? hehe sorry dude... just messin.
I don't think I have ever had a dream where I'm partially awake and paralyzed like that. I unfortunately cannot imagine what must cause something like that. Either it's a condition you have or you have some serious issues deep down trying to break free. Repressed memories maybe?? I'm just throwing ideas out there man so hope i'm not freaking you out or pissing you off or something. As for your dad's friends, that is some crazy shit man. Once in boarding school a friend of mine was fast asleep at his while we were all chilling and talking to our teacher(a real asshole he was), so when it was time to go to bed the teacher went to wake him up and the guy gave him a full handed slap!! He was completely asleep when he did that and didn't flash an eyelid afterwards. We were all dying to laugh out loud but the teacher woulda kicked our asses man... good stuff good stuff.

Unknown said...

Hahaha...that 'slap' was probably just what the doctor ordered eh? Too bad you guys couldn't burst out laughing and shit. Hahahaha!

And no man, I know that this stuff sounds 'mighty' psychotic and deranged...and I appreciate any comments that attempt to make sense of them. No getting pissed off here man...just looking for answers. Yeah, the repressed thing sounds quite likely, and it may have a lot to do with the way that I deal with the world. Working on that, and have been for ages...so that got me to thinking that it was just some kind of neurological condition. If it's this second thing, then I only have myself to blame...hahaha...and maybe put on an occasional show for the 'unsuspecting' public by going down for the count spasmodically. You know, a typical scenario of "This is how the world ends, not with a bang, but with a spasm." Thanks Amit. And I hope I haven't changed the 'atmosphere' of this blog.

AmitD said...

Hell no man...keep the posts coming. This is what this blog is all about dawg. Our dreams no matter what they are or what form they come in. Damn! I had some others last night but forgot them again! I guess that is normal but still annoying as hell.