Wednesday, June 08, 2005

A Dream is a Dream is a...

A Dream is a Dream

At times there are none,
And at times there are many.
But on one stormy night,
My dreams were a plenty.

It all began,
On a mountainous peak
In a far off land,
Where the antelope speak.

Good day to you sir,
Said a cheery fella.
His shaded coat shone
In the brilliant weather.

Hello, My name is...
No need for that sir.
In this great land,
We are all the same fur.

We see you are different,
But that matters not.
Can I offer you some water,
For this day, she is hot.

What a curious creature
I thought to myself.
So hospitable and gentle.
And so willing to help.

I say, what is this land
And where are its people.
Well sir, they're all gone,
And now I, its keeper.

A keeper you say?
Why whatever do you do?
I look after these mountains,
And now there is you.

But I am not here,
This is all in my head!
Indeed you are right sir,
But this life you might've led.

When? Where? How and why?
This land is a dream, a figment
Of wandering thoughts; a lie.
Please explain what it is that you meant.

Alright good sir, I shall do my best.
But don't let my words cause you any pain.
This isn't a battle, war, or a test.
There's nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

In your head, sir, a jumble of thoughts
This dream is a reality, in a new and different world.
You came to me, and so, therefore
Remember not why you came, but who you are.

This beautiful land, its wondrous peaks,
Your mind is the gateway, what you act on is real.
So in this land, where the antelope speak,
You are a guest and master any day of the week.

But this power that you have, do not misuse.
For the land, though a figment, is really you.
Your life is a puzzle, and this land your views
About yourself and others like you.

Sleep soundly good sir, for when you awake,
You may not recall, all that we've said.
Constantly wondering about why and what-for,
Don't let that ruin the life that you've led.

(Sorry attempt at poetry...even worse when you think that I had the time to do this at work! On the bright side, however, I'm getting paid for this...hahahaha (laughing all the way to the bank))

-Rohin

7 comments:

AmitD said...

I must say that is a most excellent poem my friend. I am happy that you decided to post it on this blog. Hell if you have more please pass them on brah. You should enter them into some poetry contests online man!!

Indo Dreamin' said...

Sweet poem bro. You got talent!

Unknown said...

Thanks guys. It means a lot to be appreciated.

mogs said...

"Constantly wondering about why and what-for,
Don't let that ruin the life that you've led"

Intense stuff.....you nailed it there.

Unknown said...

Thanks 'mogs'. Appreciate it. Although, I don't really know you...but does that really matter? Thanks man...and you quoted me too! Wow!

ival said...

Great job yaar.....Rohin was always the man with some wicked poems. They used to come out more after he has some help from a certain smelly, green substance.

I defnitely appreciate the thoughts...

Good Job and keep 'em coming.

Lavi

Unknown said...

Hahahaha...thanks Lavi. I like to think of the "smelly green substance" as a sort of crutch. And the main thing is that one should never need a crutch...right? Oh, thanks for making it public knowledge too...HAHAHAHA!!!